What to Expect
Many chiropractic patients, myself included wonder what to expect on their first visit.
This is a valid question, especially as chiropractic care can vary from one practitioner to the next. Here is an overview of what you can look forward to on your first visit to Dakota Chiropractic:
- A warm welcome and an inviting atmosphere
- Brief paperwork
- Reasons for visit, explanation of symptoms
- Authorization of care
- HIPAA compliance
- Physical exam
- Range of motion
- Orthopedic tests
- Reflex and muscle testing
- Muscle work
- Therapies (e.g. electric stim., taping, etc.)
- Tips and exercises for at home
- Review of findings and treatment options
This whole process takes around 45 minutes. It may take less time if your exam findings are simple and longer if they are more complicated. No special clothing is required, although it is best to wear clothes that are comfortable and easy to move in.
At our clinic, our goal is to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Please feel free to call or email with questions, we are happy to answer them. We look forward to seeing you soon.